Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(Report of Chief Executive)
The report gave details of the recommendations of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee at its meeting of 18 October 2018 regarding a review of the Council’s current provision of public conveniences.
The Cabinet resolved that:
The recommendations of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee be approved as follows:
(1) subject to agreement with the existing contractor, the existing public convenience cleansing contract be extended for 12 months in accordance with current contract conditions;
(2) meetings be undertaken with individual Parish/Town Councils to agree the transfer of ownership of the Council’s public conveniences currently located in their area;
(3) the existing provision of public conveniences at Leybourne Lakes Country Park, Haysden Country Park, Tonbridge Racecourse Sportsground and Tonbridge Cemetery be retained;
(4) the existing Priory Road and Castle Grounds public conveniences in Tonbridge be retained;
(5) the existing Angel Centre public toilets be closed with the public redirected to existing alternative provision;
(6) further investigation be undertaken into the suitability of alternative toilets in the vicinity of Tonbridge Castle to determine the future provision of Castle Grounds toilets;
(7) the Building and Estates Manager be requested to bring forward an improvement programme for those facilities to be retained/transferred; and
(8) future reports be submitted to the Street Scene and Environment Services Advisory Board on the outcome of the review, accompanied by an Equality Impact Assessment and financial appraisal.
As set out in the reports of the Chief Executive to Cabinet and to the Overview and Scrutiny of 18 October 2018.
Publication date: 15/02/2019
Date of decision: 14/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 14/02/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/02/2019