Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance, Innovation and Property
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
(LGA 1972 Sch 12A Paragraph 3 – Financial or business affairs of any particular person)
Decision Notice D190055MEM
Further to Minute C 19/63, the report of the Management Team provided details of the risk assessed approach to the appointment of the contractor for the mechanical, electrical and roofing works at Larkfield Leisure Centre. An update was also given on a review of the loss of income claim and potential environmental improvements.
(1) based on the risk assessment outlined in the report Kier Construction Ltd be appointed as the contractor for the planned major programme of works at Larkfield Leisure Centre;
(2) authority be granted to the Directors of Central Services and Finance and Transformation to appoint Kier Construction Ltd in accordance with the works programme, following agreement with the Cabinet Members for Finance, Innovation and Property and Community Services;
(3) further consideration be given to the inclusion of clauses in the contract relating to the Council’s ‘step in’ rights;
(4) the Leisure Trust’s revised estimated loss of income claim reported verbally at the meeting be noted; and
(5) further evaluation be undertaken regarding the cost benefits of the potential installation of solar panels on to the Larkfield Leisure Centre sports hall roof.
Publication date: 19/07/2019
Date of decision: 17/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 17/07/2019 - Finance, Innovation and Property Advisory Board
Effective from: 27/07/2019