Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report of the Chief Executive provided an update on the Corporate Strategy Community Consultation which was undertaken during January – February 2023 and sought approval to make final amendments to the Corporate Strategy ahead of it being finalised.
There had been a good response to the public consultation exercise and the report provided an overview of the responses and key messages received. There were a number of points or proposed amendments raised and it was recommended that the Strategy be amended to reflect these as detailed in Table 3 of the report. As a result of some of the comments received it was recommended that the period covered by the Corporate Strategy be extended to 2023-2027 as detailed in 1.3.6 of the report.
Finally, potential changes in respect of Key Performance Indicators were identified and these were set out in Appendix 2.
(1) the report be noted;
(2) the Corporate Strategy, as set out in Appendix 1, together with the amendments set out in Table 3 of the report be endorsed;
(3) it be commended to the Overview and Scrutiny Committee, that the period covered by the Strategy be extended to 2023-2027, as referenced in 1.3.6, and that a review of the Strategy be undertaken after 2 years;
(4) the proposed new Key Performance Indicators, as set out in Appendix 2, be endorsed;
(5) the Overview and Scrutiny Committee be invited to consider views on the Corporate Strategy 2023/24 Action Plan, as set out in Appendix 3; and
(6) delegated authority be granted to the Chief Executive in liaison with the leader of the Council to approve any necessary further minor changes to the Corporate Strategy that might be required solely for reasons of clarity of presentation.
Publication date: 09/03/2023
Date of decision: 07/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/03/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 17/03/2023