Item CB 19/41 referred from Cabinet minutes of 5 June 2019
Item CB 19/41 referred from Cabinet minutes of 5 June 2019.
RESOLVED: That the recommendations at Minute CB 19/41 be approved.
Item referred from Finance, Innovation and Property Advisory Board meeting held earlier in the evening. Copy of reports attached.
(Item FIP 19/15 referred from Finance, Innovation and Property Advisory Board minutes of 5 June 2019)
The Cabinet received the recommendations of the Finance, Innovation and Property Advisory Board at its meeting of 5 June 2019 regarding the merits and cost implications of undertaking a combined package of works to ventilation, boilers, leisure pool hall roof and space frame at Larkfield Leisure Centre.
RECOMMENDED: That based on independent advice and detailed financial appraisal:
(1) the proposed scheme outlined in the report to undertake a package of works to ventilation, boilers, leisure pool hall roof and space frame at Larkfield Leisure Centre be approved;
(2) the increased cost of £867,000 be met from the Leisure Trust reserve and the Revenue Reserve for Capital Schemes and the relevant revenue and capital budgets be amended accordingly;
(3) the works be progressed to commence early October 2019 for a period of 36 weeks;
(4) liaison continue with the Tonbridge and Malling Leisure Trust to minimise the impact of the works on customers and the loss of income claim to the Council; and
(5) officers be requested to undertake a risk assessment with respect to Kier and report back to the next meeting of the Advisory Board on 17 July 2019.
*Referred to Council