Item FIP 21/4 referred from the Finance, Innovation and Property Advisory Board of 6 January 2021.
All budgetary matters will be considered in the substantive item on ‘Setting the Budget’.
All budgetary matters were considered in detail in the substantive item on setting the Budget 2021/22 (Minute Number CB 21/19). However, the recommendations from the meeting of the Finance, Innovation and Property Advisory Board of 6 January 2021 in relation to the formulation of initial draft proposals in respect of the Budget, including the Capital Plan (Minute Number FIP 21/4) was given due consideration as part of the substantive discussion.
This report reviews the current position of the existing Capital Plan (List A); recommends schemes to be added to and deleted from List C; recommends schemes from List C for evaluation; recommends schemes for inclusion on List B from those evaluated schemes selected for evaluation this time last year or earlier and in certain circumstances schemes identified for Fast-Track evaluation; and presents an updated Capital Strategy for endorsement.
Consideration was given to the report of the Director of Finance and Transformation which reviewed the current position of the existing Capital Plan (List A). It also recommended schemes for addition to List C, some existing List C schemes for deletion or evaluation and schemes for inclusion on List B from those List C schemes previously selected for evaluation or in certain circumstances identified for Fast-Track evaluation.
RECOMMENDED: That the following be endorsed for consideration by the Cabinet
(1) the Capital Plan (List A) position as shown in Annex 1 to the report be endorsed;
(2) the amendment of List C as detailed in paragraph 1.5.3 of the report;
(3) the selection of those schemes listed in paragraph 1.6.4 of the report for evaluation including the scheme recommended for Fast-Track evaluation (electric/hybrid pool car);
(4) the transfer of the schemes listed in paragraph 1.7.3 of the report from List C to List B; and
(5) the Capital Strategy as set out at Annex 4 to the report be endorsed for adoption and publication on the Council’s website.
*Referred to Cabinet