Venue: Civic Suite, Gibson Building, Kings Hill, West Malling
Contact: Democratic Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PART 1 - PUBLIC
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest made in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
Decisions to be taken under Delegated Powers in accordance with paragraph 3, part 3 of the Constitution
The Panel is asked to consider an application for the variation of a premises licence under Section 34 of the Licensing Act 2003.
The Panel gave consideration to the application to vary the premises licence made by The Craft Union Pub Company Limited under section 34 of the Licensing Act 2003 in respect of the premises known as Station House, 8 Barden Road, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1TX. The application related to varying the timings authorised by the current licence for the sale of alcohol.
Careful consideration was given to the written report of the Director of Central Services and Monitoring Officer, the application set out at Annex 2 to the report and the written representation received during the statutory consultation period as set out in Annex 5 to the report.
The Panel considered the representations and whilst the concerns raised were understood it was felt there was little or no direct, formal evidence of antisocial behaviour arising from these premises.
The Panel was mindful of the statutory guidance concerning the responsibility of licensees for the behaviour of patrons which arose away from the premises and reminded residents of the review process if there were further concerns.
RESOLVED: That the licence be GRANTED subject to the additional conditions agreed with Kent Police and the Borough Councils Environmental Protection Team, as set out below:
(1) A CCTV system will be installed and maintained at the premises. Images will be retained for a minimum period of 28 days and copies of images made available to officers of the Responsible Authorities on request.
(2) Prominent, clear and legible notices are to be displayed at exits requesting patrons to respect the needs of local residents and to leave the premises and the area quietly.
(3) A Challenge 25 age verification policy will be operated at the premises. The only acceptable form of identification will be a photocard driving licence, passport, military identification or any other Government approved age verification document bearing the PASS holographic logo.
(4) All staff employed at the premises involved in the sale/supply of alcohol will receive documented training (including refreshers) of their responsibilities in accordance with the Licensing Act 2003.
(5) The DPS will operate a refusals /incident register. It shall detail all incidents of refusals /age challenges/crime and disorder. All entries shall be timed and dated. It shall be produced to the police or officers of the responsible authorities on request.
(6) Door supervisors will be provided in such numbers, between such times and on such dates as required by a written risk assessment conducted by the designated premises supervisor.
(7) There shall be no admission/re-admission to the premises after 23.30 Sunday to Thursday and 00.30 Friday and Saturday.
(8) When determined by the Environmental Protection Team Manager of Tonbridge and Malling Borough Council as being necessary, the level of internal amplified sound shall be restricted by the installation and use of a noise limiting device. This shall be installed, set and sealed at a level approved by an acoustic consultant in consultation with the Environmental Protection Team Manager. The sound limiting device should be used at all times when regulated ... view the full minutes text for item LAP 22/32
The Chairman to move that the press and public be excluded from the remainder of the meeting during consideration of any items the publication of which would disclose exempt information
There were no items considered in private.