Consideration of recommendations (FIP 22/3) to the Cabinet from the meeting of the Finance, Innovation and Property Advisory Board of 12 January 2022.
The Cabinet resolved that:
(1) the legal charges follow the rates set out in 1.2.1 of the report for 2022/23 and continue to reflect the existing practices highlighted in 1.2 of the report;
(2) the proposed scale of fees for local land charges searches and enquiries set out at Annex 1 to the report be adopted with effect from 1 April 2022;
(3) the current photocopying charges of £0.10 (inclusive of VAT) for each page of the same document or additional copies of the same page plus postage as appropriate be retained;
(4) the fee Schedule for Street Naming and Numbering set out in section 1.5 of the report be adopted with effect from 1 April 2022;
(5) the amount of Council Tax and Business Rate court costs charged in 2021/22 remain the same for the 2022/23 financial year (as set out in 1.7 of the report);
(6) the fees and charges 2022/23 related to Tonbridge Castle tours (as set out in 1.8.2 of the report), fees for schools (as set out in 1.8.4 and 1.8.7 of the report) and the fee models for ceremonies (as set out in 1.8.8 to 1.8.12 of the report) be approved; and
(7) a rounded 2% increase to the Building Control Charges, as set out in Annex 1 to the supplementary report, be adopted with effect from 1 April 2022.